dimanche 7 juin 2020

Blessing in disguise - good neighborhood and good neighbors

This is an achievement for me if this entry is posted because that means I posted 3 entries so far in 2020. Before 2020, my last entry was posted back in 2016.

So I moved to Putrajaya since Q4 2018. Remember many years before, I bought a house in Putrajaya, which was my 1st ever house purchase. Was? Well, I sold that house within less than a year of purchasing it because we both were not ready to move here from KL, and at that time I felt the house was quite a commitment. Funnily enough despite thinking that the house was a commitment, another reason why I sold it was to fund my next house purchase, which is the one we currently reside in. This current house cost 47% more than than the old house' purchase price, and 15% more than the old house' selling price. It was quite ridiculous in some way, that our small family of 4 now, living in a 3-storey house with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathroom. We live just 3 of us here for 1.5 years though.

I never really like the idea of living in Putrajaya after quite used to living in KL, in a spot very strategically located right in the middle of everywhere. Just 6km drive to KLCC, 7km drive to KL Sentral and 2.5km drive to my wife' office near Jalan Duta back then, imagine how convenient it was for us, plus the vibes there that we were so used to. Effortlessly reaching nice cafes within minutes, few Starbucks branches within 5km radius.. How I still miss that area.

Moving to Putrajaya was quite challenging for me for a while, not so used to the long drive to office and the vibe is a bit different. Somehow I managed to fall in love with the place. Managed to arrange my working hour with my employer where I start working early and leaving office early before bad traffic window. I just love the routine. And how easily for me to jog just from home. We still very frequently hang out in KL, almost every weekend.

As much as sometimes I feel like doing something else rather than paying for the house installment, like channel the money into some investment, topping up our entertainment and holiday fund, contribute more to parents and family, I found that buying this house, even at quite a premium price can be a blessing in disguise.

The neighborhood and the neighbors in particular. The neighbors are nice, I even frequently hang out with 2 neighbors for weekend morning run and frequent coffee sessions discussion many things I love like about politics, finance and cars, among others. Both are 10 years older than me already in their 40s but we somehow click maybe due to our common interests and wavelength. Even though I am much younger then them but I feel so belonged, they appreciate my view on things and opinions. Guess it is because the way I look at things is up to their standard.

We are blessed with rezeki to afford this house at a very young age, purchased it at a tender age of 27. We are the youngest in the neighborhood, many of our neighbors are retired and have grandchildren.
I see that as a perk of living in such neighborhood, the "quite premium" price tag also brings good neighbors along. No annoying neighbors parking their cars in bad spot, everybody can park up to 6 cars in their porch.

Life is getting better, I have an upgraded job since 2019, and my wife too was transferred to a ministry located here which obliges her to be posted to Malaysian embassies around the world from anytime till she retires. We really look forward to that as it seems to be an experience we crave for. Never tired of travelling and living in new places despite the fact that I have traveled to more than 30 countries around the world across 5 continents except South American and Antartica.

The posting may be a bit delayed due to her maternity leave and current Covid situation but someday she will be, it can be next year or the following year. We started to think of the house, as it is not an interesting idea of keeping a house unoccupied for a long time. I look for a rotational role, something like 4-week work and 4-week off where I can be at the country where she will be posted during my off time. I will still work, even if I have to work in Malaysia, and if I live here alone I don't need that much space frequently.

To let someone rent it, it is almost certain we will still have to top some money up on top of the rental to pay the monthly installment to the bank. So I started to consider selling the house but it is not an overnight process. The market is bad as the country is in quite a financial crisis. And the market is also very competitive as it is quite oversupplied, and how there still are same units that can be purchased directly from the developer. They are still in the midst of constructing the new phases.

Deep inside I believe and hope that someday there will be interested buyer to buy our unit as it is quite a good unit. An end-lot unit with no house attached at one side. Our unit also face a green reserve area where the house next to the green reserve area is not facing our house, it is located at another street not really in front of our unit but running facing my neighbor' unit. So privacy is quite a selling point plus the extra windows on side wall of the house. Don't really feel like engaging agents due to the fee imposed and we are not in that urgency just yet.

Still don't know what the future hold, maybe we shall see while planning, working, praying and hoping for the best.

Aucun commentaire:

Ardik manis.. Mana datang dari ini ardik..?