jeudi 22 juillet 2021

Wishes granted.

Currently I'm in 14 days quarantine prior to go on board a drilling rig offshore. Less than halfway of quarantine to go. This is far from over, I'd be offshore for 5-6 weeks depending on my relief guy' day off plan. He'd be needing some extra days for some of his personal matter hence the needs for us to do this rather different hitch arise, else it is 4/4 rotation. 

Life under quarantine so far I have to say it is indeed much better than what I initially expected. I still find it hard to believe that am able to run 10-15km for about 1.5-2.5 hours every day in this hotel room. Watch some movies. Typically I wake up just before 7, have breakfast, take some rest watching movie or reading prior to start jogging. Jogging normally end around the time lunch arrives. Shower or have lunch, which ever I feel like doing first. Assessing myself on the mirror. Continue with movie or reading, dinner time and same cycle. Calling family or friends in between. 

Frankly speaking as am heading towards the end of quarantine stay, am starting to feel slight stress on the long hitch. My role offshore is a bit challenging as it is a one-man show kind of role. It is not a position with one guy working during the day and another doing night, in ideal 12 hour shift. It is kinda round the clock working when am on board. On paper the shift supposed to be 6am to 6pm, but how can I start working at 6 if my rather complicated report needs to be issued at 6.30 in the morning? So I normally start at 4. I never believe saying one' role is harder than the other. Everybody has their own kind of struggle. Easy at one part, hard on the other. Like some other roles offshore, also one man show but they don't work hard during their whole stay, but, when the time comes, they work like hell, hardest work once they are in action. For me, it might not as hard as that role but my role requires constant long working hour throughout the hitch.

Oh yes, back to this entry' title. Wishes granted, what and why? I noticed in previous post I mentioned about considering selling our house, and my wish of working in a rotational role? It is hard to be believe, and am so thankful that both wishes were granted, am having both. How beautiful is that? Sold the house at quite a margin, transaction completed and we have since moved out. A few months later, I got the much dreamed rotational role.

God has been very generous to bless us with this beautiful life, sometimes I question myself, I do concern about what kind of test is coming my way, for all these beautiful things He granted. I had quite a number of challenges in the past but still, I hope I would be able to face what ever coming.

Guess we are now on track for our global retirement plan. Living in Cote d'Azur for 1 month, back to Malaysia for few months, maybe next New Zealand for a couple of months and so on. We don't know where we would like to settle down just yet, no clear future in Malaysia, what kind of country it would be like after few decades or even years.

Aucun commentaire:

Ardik manis.. Mana datang dari ini ardik..?