dimanche 7 avril 2013

Talking about cars. Marriage? House?

I think I made it clear in this blog, that I am a huge car fan. I like beautiful, fast, comfort, safe cars. Cars have been my passion since I was a small kid. My dad used to give me knowledge about cars and engine. I still remember I love to draw cars on sketch paper when I was 5 or 6. I was observant, I remember every single minor detail of cars and draw them almost perfectly back then.


Days gone by, I remember when I was in school, since primary school, maybe I was 13, I just love BMW so much. I was trying to be realistic. Of course, Ferrari or Lamborghini is the ultimate dream. But that seems to hard to achieve. So I kept myself happy with BMW. I love the BMW 3 Series so much.


I remember in 1999, the Malay TV series 'Romeo & Juliette' produced by Kuasatek Pictures was quite famous. In that series, Jalaluddin Hassan drove a white E34 BMW 5 Series. Umie Aida drove an E36 BMW 3 Series, it was dark green if I am not mistaken. I think even in Die Another Day or Tomorrow  Never Dies, the Bond car was an E38 BMW 7 Series. That was also what Jason Statham drove in the 1st Transporter movie.


Oh my God, I even remember that back in 2002 when I was in form 2, I was 14, I even included the E36 BMW 318i in my Bahasa Malaysia essay. Seriously till today I love it so much.


Back in 2002 or 2003, I was with my family for a trip to KL (Back then we live in KT), we went to a shopping complex and there was the Volkswagen Golf GTI on display. I think it was the MK5. That was my 1st encouter with a VW Golf. Before that I never know about it. Back then, VW was not so popular in Malaysia.


10 years later, I started working. For almost a year, I worked without having my own car, I only drive my mom's or my dad's car around. I didn't really know what car to buy. I know that buying car is not like buying Hack's sweets, seposen dapat 2. I sometimes fought with my brother as both need to use car, and my parents need to use car too.


My parents started to give lecture, that I need a car. I don't know, it was not a decision made after a night. At 1st I was thinking of buying a used E46 BMW 3 Series. Well within range, can be bought cash. Well at first I thought of bringing a car back from UK with my allocated money for car. I mean my saving for car. But the procedure was too complicated and I didn't have enough time to manage all the paperworks. I was thinking of buying an E90 3 Series or the Lexus IS250.


Back to the E46 3 Series. Finally I think it should not be too wise buying it. It is old. So I was thinking of spending less, getting a used Satria Neo to be used for a while before being strong enough to grab something nicer. Then I changed my mind again.


Hey, this gonna be my 1st car. Why must a used one? Go have something nice as long as it won't be too burdening.


I forget to mention that I have been in love with the Volkswagen Scirocco since it was launched. I dreamed to have one, but it was way over my budget. VW Golf has never been on the list. I love it, but I never give a thought of having one.


But one day I was on a date with my girlfriend, we bumped into VW display booth at a shopping complex. It has been my habit of going to see cars on display. The salesman was awesome. I am just a mere 23-year-old, with not that much money, but he still entertained me very well. We never knew that he is going to be the salesman I contacted later to buy my current ride.


I can't afford a brand new BMW. A used one might be problematic. No warranty. So after quite a long thought, I settled for a brand new Volkswagen Golf. Long service interval of 15kkm between services, cheap roadtax, very powerful but fuel economic. This car can go up to 240km/h. In term of fuel consumption, it is even better than Myvi and Suzuki Swift. This is proven fact. I compared mine with my friend' Swift during our trip to Langkawi at the end of 2012.


Errr but now I feel like it should be better if I grab a used E92 BMW 3 Series. Or B8 Audi A4. Tapi takde warranty lagi, malas nak masuk bengkel. I still have some reason to be happy with my baby Kate. Oh I name her Kate. Baru sesuai kan Keri & Kate gitu. Kate Middleton, err I have royal blood kan :p. Katherine Heigl, keturunan German macam kereta aku. Hahaha.


This is the E92 BMW 3 Series.



This is the B8 Audi A4




Why I go for Golf? I have been driving Honda Civic FD for quite a while, the Golf has the solid feeling, the heavy yet powerful feeling when you drive it.


Rumah? Sabar, tengah mencari. Kahwin? Sabar, tengah cari masa. Tak yah risau pasal aku, I planned things well. And I have what it takes, but I just need some spare time for marriage. And a nicely located house yet not too expensive.

How I wish my car is



 My Actual car


I take this as a kinda reward to myself. Others may have their own car since 19 or in their early 20s. But I have no rich parents to buy me one. I have only myself to buy me one. But my car is suffering the same thing just like my girlfriend. Being left behind..

1 commentaire:

May Maisarah a dit…

Kate ponnnnn cunnn okehhh.. btw keri keep on writing. aku suka bace entry2 mu. hehehe. kije molek terrrr.... =))

Ardik manis.. Mana datang dari ini ardik..?